Kevin Brosius on Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:30:14 +0100

Re: [PLUG] video editing?

William Shank wrote:

> i'm going to get a digital video camera very soon and i am wondering what my
> realistic video editing options are on linux? doesn't necessarily have to be
> free or open source software. most concerned with usable (should be pretty
> easy), stable - don't want to lose an hours worth of work with crashes, and
> relatively inexpensive (i'm not a professional and don't expect to pay
> hundreds or thousands for this software).
>
> shuld i stick with windows for this?
>
> anyone with experiences to share?
>
> thanks
> -chris

Wow, underwhelming response there?  How about Broadcast 2000, or it's
newer version Cinerrela(sp?, check sourceforge).  I've read some good
things, but haven't tried it myself yet.  Needs horsepower and lot's of
disk space from what I gather.  And it's not newbie friendly to build
from source.  BC2000 is on SuSE though, so you should be able to install
it as a package on recent distro's

--
Kevin Brosius