Adam Van Antwerp on Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:31:39 +0100

RE: [PLUG] ATA100 vs ATA66

Did you setup the drive to run at ATA100 instead of ATA66 ? Most drives come
with a configuration boot disk, you can nondestructivley change the drive to
run at 33/66/100.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of William Shank
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 9:53 PM
To: 'plug@lists.phillylinux.org'
Subject: [PLUG] ATA100 vs ATA66

I got an ATA100 card to replace the ATA66, hoping to get the added advantage
of the 30G ATA100 drive (2 drives, one is ATA100, the other ATA66). However,
the hdparm readings indicate that the  buffered-cache reads decreased in
efficiency and the buffered disk reads pretty much stayed the same.

All I did was switch the cards. Should I have to reconfigure the kernel to
load a different module? Does anyone have any experience doing this type of
thing?

thanks

Chris