Darxus on Thu, 10 Jan 2002 04:39:53 -0500

list post size limits (Re: [PLUG] Re: Preview of Tomorrows Talk)

On 01/10, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> For what, the chance of a macro virus?

Actually it was because it was sent from an unsubscribed address (which
blocks lots of spam at this point).

You reminded me to check the maximum size allowed in a post to this list.
It was 400k.  I just looked through the posts to this list, and nothing
that should have gotten sent was over 20k, so I set the limit to that.

In the last 7 months this limit would have stopped 5 posts (0.14%).
They had the following attachments:

2 "worms"
2 microsoft word documents
1 jpeg image

The next largest post was 13K.

--
"Am I a man who dreamed I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who is
dreaming I am a man?" - Chuang Tsu, ~350 BC