christophe barbé on Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:50:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Time/Date problem

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 12:08:24AM -0500, Naresh Reddy wrote:
> I though you need broadband to use the time servers (24/hours internet). I
> am on Dial-up, so I don't think thats possible for me.
>
> Naresh

No you can use it with a dialup connexion.
To get a really accurate time you need to be connected enough.
The ntp protocol is not incompatible with a dialup connexion. It
doesn't require a lot and you can configure it to connect to ntp
servers all 5 minutes or less often.

But I speak about the client side.
It's not the same story to use the server side.

Christophe