leroy on Wed, 16 Jan 2002 01:30:28 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Remote X

it's a file used by the oracle installer to take the place of user
interaction.  unattended install would be a better description, i think.
the .rsp files should be in your ./stage/Response/ directory.  you still
have to have your $DISPLAY variable set but the installer doesn't use it
(yeah, it's weird).  just edit the .rsp file with the correct values.  a
good place to start is:

http://top.izmiran.rssi.ru/~luzgin/unix/oracle8i/a82848/a82848/inst.htm#1026678

the skinny is:
./runInstaller -silent -responsefile <filename>

hope this helps

stephen

-- i hate crackerbarrel