gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:20:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux SQL Question

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 09:56:12AM -0500, Chris Mann wrote:
> I'm looking at option to migrate away from MS SQL in our environment.
> I was wondering is there a version of SQL for linux that will allow
> for server to server replicaiton?

You should have come to the meeting describing MySQL and PostgreSQL
a couple of months ago! :^>

I'm not up to date on each of their features, but I *think* both are
at least in the process of adding a replication facility. Their web
sites (http://www.mysql.com/ and http://www.postgresql.org/,
respectively) would be able to tell you in far better detail the
features of each.

You might also be interested to read this:

  http://phd.pp.ru/Software/SQL/PostgreSQL-vs-MySQL.html

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net