gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:20:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Re: PGP & GPG compatibility (fwd)

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 11:52:59AM -0500, christophe barbé wrote:
> It's not clear to me if you use PGP or GPG but I use GPG and your
> signature is correctly verified.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. (I use GPG 1.0.6.)

For a while, there was some problem with my signatures looking bad
to people using NAI's PGP... I'm not sure if it's still true, or if
that person's getting an updated key from me fixed it. (In the
latter case, it shouldn't have; all that changed was added uids,
which should not affect the base keyid.)

The larger issue is that, while these things interoperate pretty
well most of the time, that's apparently at least partly luck.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net