Mike Cramer on Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:40:29 +0100

Re: [PLUG] [Fwd: Mozilla Developer Event at Carnegie Mellon University March 1 and 2]

Zachary Whitley wrote:
There wasn't anything in the attachment. You might want to try that
again.

Ahh...good. Tried to forward a newsgroup posting -- which Mozilla doesn't seem to want to do. Not a good showing. =)

The *REAL* message follows.

-- Mike

From: Mitchell Baker <mitchell@mozilla.org>
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.general,netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey
Subject: Mozilla Developer Event at Carnegie Mellon University March 1 and 2
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:13:34 -0800

Mozilla.org is planning a Developer event March 1 and 2 at Carnegie Mellon University. The location allows those on the East Coast of the U.S. and Canada a chance to attend without paying New York city-like prices. Our facilities are being provided by CMU (thanks to Kevin Lenzo, CMU Faculty Member and President of Yet Another Society <http://www.yetanother.org/> ), so we hope to keep the registration fee in the $50.00 range. More details on this and related logistics will be provided in subsequent notices.

* This message is intended to generate input *from those who might
attend.  We're interested in knowing what would be of interest so we can
finalize the schedule.   If you're interested enough to fill out a
simple survey, you'll find a link below.  Please do /*not */fill out the
survey if you know you won't be coming.

Here's what we have in mind so far:

    * State of Mozilla talk by Mitchell Baker.  The focus of this talk
      will be those things other than code that make up Project activities.
    * Mozilla 1.0 Update by Peter Bojanic.  Peter is a mozilla.org staff
      associate member, and is actively involved with in getting Mozilla
      1.0 completed.
    * Calendar functionality for Mozilla by Mike Potter.  Mike Potter is
      a developer and the maintainer of Mozilla's Calendar
      functionality, which was contributed to Mozilla by OEone .  This
      is an excellent opportunity for those interested in contributing
      to Calendar to talk with initial developers.
    * Mozilla Community Activities by David Boswell.  David is a
      co-founder and maintainer of mozdev.org .
    * Scott Collins, XPCOM and strings hacker as well as mozilla.org
      staff member, will attend and can speak on a range of technical
      issues
    * Frank Hecker, mozilla.org staff Policy Wonk will also be in
      attendance, we'll see what's on his mind.
    * A second Business Forum/ Project Management discussion by Mitchell
      Baker and/or Frank Hecker
    * Mingling, demos, birds of a feather
    * We hope to have a discussion of Post 1.0 Topics/Issues, we're
      thinking about who would be a good presenter for this.
    * We're contemplating a tutorial or advanced discussion of a piece
      of Mozilla functionality, but need to determine interest level and
      potential presenters.

Think you are likely to join us? Please fill out the survey <http://www.lizardwrangler.com/Survey_CMU.html> so we can plan with your thoughts in mind.

Mitchell

Mike Cramer