Michael F. Robbins on Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:33:18 -0500

Re: [PLUG] dhcp->static

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 18:12, Bill Patterson wrote:
> Now that I've converted a dhcp to static, the box can no longer get to
> the Internet!  It can get to other machines on my own private net, but
> can't go through the DI704 gateway.  Any thoughts?

Make sure the default route is set to the IP address of the DI704 box.
This is definately somewhere in linuxconf if that's what you are using.
Anyway, to do it manually:

route add -net 0.0.0.0/0 gw <ip.of.di.704>

If you have done this, check your DNS settings.  This is also in
Linuxconf.  There was just a whole discussion on setting the DNS lookup
server, but take a look at /etc/resolv.conf.  Depending on your setup,
you'll either set the DNS servers to those of the ISP or to the router
box.

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com

Close game so far: Eagles up 17 - 16 in the 3rd.