Bill Jonas on Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:56:11 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Full Partion

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:23:51PM -0500, Eric Cunningham wrote:
> That would be application specific, wouldn't it?  Most of my bulky
> applications such as netscape and staroffice are happily self contained.
> You may need to edit your path to point to these.  Or you can reinstall a
> few of the apps if thats easier...  depending on how much configuration
> you did and how many users will be effected.

Alternatively, you could link from the old application directory to the
new directory.  Like linking /usr/local/StarOffice to /opt/StarOffice.

Or if there are relative links in the hierarchy, that might be a small
problem.  One could run "find /opt/foo -type l" and take care of them by
hand if there aren't too many.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html