epike on Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:10:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] speaker beep question

Ok thanks.

But seeing this will have to be some more
work & reasearch on my part I will just stick with
normal beeps for now (1 beep ok, 2 beeps error, etc).

BTW, no /dev/speaker on linux, It appears sound creation
on speaker emulates sound cards.  Either that or
I'd have to go to outputting values to certain PC ports,
both of which I do not wish to go into...its just for
scripting on a headless linux box and need not go that
sophisticated.

so anyway thanks for all the inputs,

for now i'd just continue beeping normally
(until later until I can afford an lcd panel :-)

JondZ