gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:10:29 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:09:20AM -0500, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Considering DSL is in the $160/month range - cable modem is still
> the cheapest alternative for high speed download combined with a
> dial-up for other remote services. yikes!

Say *what*? My Speakeasy service is pretty plush and only runs me
$65... who quoted you two and a half times that?

(And where the hell do you live that it's that expensive?)

> anyway- maybe if enough people complain, they will change the policy.

I sincerely doubt it. They're not there so that you can run a
server, and they've always said you couldn't.

(Speakeasy, on the other hand encourages such things. As do most DSL
providers. Funny, that.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net