Doug Crompton on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:00:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Comcast "OPEN IMMEDIATELY" but don't

I am NOT (and will not be!) a Comcast customer but I was at a party
tonight and I ran into a guy who successfully installed a 'netgear' router
on the new comcast.net  - I am not sure what he did but he did say he
called Netgear and they were well aware of the problem, having had
numerous calls regarding Comcast. So I suggest you call your cable router
manuf. He also metioned that ONLY the primary mail address, formerly used
on home.com is available on comcast.net at the moment.

Also windows users check out this site..  very neat software to remove
this crap.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Perhaps someone who can summarize and articulate what Comcast is doing
should write and editorial to the papers or local news services. I love to
see them get bad press! ... especially on the heels of their rate increase
annoucement last week.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *