eric@lucii.org on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:55:59 -0500

[PLUG] an rpm question for the apt-get crowd

I've got a problem with rpm in Mandrake 8.1.

I tried to use rpmdrake to install an IBM java package.  It failed.
It didn't say _why_... it just did.

Now, _any_ install with rpm looks like this example:

$ rpm --install muttprint-0.50a-1.noarch.rpm
Segmentation fault
$

Does anybody know why?  How do I go about fixing this?  I'm not an rpm
expert so I don't even know where to start.  I just know that with an
earlier install (I believe it was RH 7.0) when I wanted to update the
rpm software I had a devil of a time.

Any suggesions greatefully accepted
   (no, "use apt" does not count :-)

Thanks
Eric
--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth