jbeck on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:57:50 -0500

[PLUG] Re: Help Burning CD's

I should be able to download and install that. Is there anything else that I need to do to configure the drive to be writeable?

David Hull writes:

Try XCDROAST. I have it on a RH 7.1 system and it works fine. All the packages you need to use it are also on the program's download
page. http://www.xcdroast.org

Good luck.

-D

Subject: [PLUG] Help burning cd's
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:44:56 GMT
From: jbeck@jbwd.net
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org

Hi everyone,

Here is the problem: I just installed Suse 7.2 on a computer with a cd
burner (Yamaha 16x10x40). When windows was on the computer, I would use
ezcdcreator to burn audio cd's. I want to burn audio cd's now using Suse.
On the KDE Desktop, both cd drives appear as icon's - (CD-ROM and CD-R
(which is the burner)). Am I correct in assuming the the install process
recognized and configured my CD-R drive? I went to the man page for
cdrecord, but it made no sense to me. I installed krecord, but it tells me
I am missing programs in the path. It is looking for cdrecord, cdparanoia,
mkisofs, and cdda2wav.

All I want to do is burn audio cd's, so can anyone step me through the
process of getting this to work (as simply as possible, please). Again, I
assume everything is configured during the install - if not, I don't know
how to configure it...

Thanks,

John