Mike Leone on Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:07:44 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft World Domination Program

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Galt" <jongalt@pinn.net>
To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 10:37 AM
Subject: [PLUG] Microsoft World Domination Program

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
>
> > Can't help with the firewall, but to change the IE logo, open the registry
> > and search for the text of their logo.  You can change it to
> > anything.  Ironically, I discovered this while installing IE 5 from the MS
> > website. A disgruntled MS employee had change the download so that the IE
> > logo was replaced with one reading "Microsoft World Domination
> > Program".  MS would not acknowledge that it happened, but someone on
> > another list showed me how to change it back.  Of course I never will.
>
> LOL!
>
> Cool, I just changed the title bar on mine, as you said.  Now how about
> the logo - the little picture near the upper right corner?  I didn't find
> a registry entry for that.

See here (from the Lockergnome newsletter):

My Logo v1.0 [269k] W9x/2k/XP FREE
http://www.edensoft.com/mylogo/MyLogoInstall.exe
http://www.edensoft.com/mylogo/
http://screenshot.lockergnome.com/mylogo.png

{Personalize IE's toolbar} This program provides several ways to personalize your Web browsing experience. First of all, you can get rid of that annoying logo at the top right corner of your window and replace it with one of your own. Neat! Then, you can change the text in the title bar. Cool! That's not all, though. You can also have an extra home page which can be accessed via the new logo you created. You can also designate a sound to be played when a page opens, and watch a movie while waiting for a Web page to load. "For optimal system resource utilization and performance, EdenSoft recommends that you use animated cursors for your animations."