Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:47:27 -0500

Re: [PLUG] MS Outlaws?

At 09:43 PM 2/17/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> ruled that Microsoft violated some law or other, but I disagree with any
> nutball judge, who probably doesn't know his ass from a parallel port, who
> claims that Microsoft has a monopoly in anything.

That's a nasty assumption to make about people. We all can learn. The
judges in this case studied up a lot and learned a lot. The more the judge
learned, the more he thought that there was a case. In the beginning, he
was looking to settle fast. MS changed his mind by very childish, yes
childish tactics. If they were common thugs instead of rich businessmen,
they would have been held in contempt of court. Had MS been a sole
proprietorship, they would have been in jail. Yes, people go to jail for
things that they did.

Yes, falsifying evidence is a crime for which the poor do time. And their lawyers get disciplined if they knew about it.

For rich and influential MS to lose this case all demonstrates how difficult it was to avoid their culpability.

Art

Art Alexion                                 mailto:arthur@alexion.com
Arthur S. Alexion LLC                          http://www.alexion.com
                            ---<>---