Paul on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:44:50 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Fw: Antivirus for Linux

> Just out of curiosity (well for my education actually), are you referring
> to a virus scanner that protects a Linux mail system from passing along
> windows viruses or a system primarily designed to detect Linux
> viruses?  How serious a threat (i.e. how common) are Linux viruses?

Attach the place which can not be defended.  If a Linux
virus is developed and sent through an unprotected mail
server, it would be a serious threat.  Its advantage is that
Linux virii are not common.  Surprise!

In the case of protecting Windows clients, it's better to
stop a virus at the door than to fight it once it's inside.