Charles Stack on Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:20:13 +0100

RE: [PLUG] Really Cheesey....but...

Thanks for all who answered this rather disconcerting question.  Seems the
owners have decided to hold off for now.  I think they are going to notify
him that ALL sales traffic is subject to monitoring (not just his).  I'm
less inclined to feel as badly about monitoring all the traffic as the rule
is being applied to all rather than a single individual.

BTW, nobody has shell access so the .forward rule works really well for
inbound traffic.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Jesse Schultz
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 7:50 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Really Cheesey....but...

If you are using sendmail edit the /etc/aliases file with the line.

user:        user, luser

Where luser is the separate mailbox file.  Give only yourself access to the
mailbox for luser.

Then run the script newaliases.  If it is a normal sendmail distribution it
should be there.  If you use the .forward suggestion I have seen in another
post, make sure to also include user in that also.  Although .forward, you
have to remember is under control of the user himself by design.

Note, you must include user in the user alias or they will not get there
mail.

I have been in this situation.  Sadley, the company was within it's rights.
In fact, one of the users in  question had been in a position to approve the
employee manual which warned of this.  (His car was later found at the
canadien border).

This and a few other distastfull projects caused me to leave the company.
(for more money of course ;-)