Samantha Samuel on Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:23:14 -0500

Re: [PLUG] frozen mouse

On a somewhat related note. My mouse acts a bit goofy. When I was on
potato, my mouse on X (after gpm was up) seemed to have a mind of its own
(moving where ever it felt like ragardless of where my hand was telling it
to do). Then I upgraded to woody, and my mouse does not act that goofy,
but it still does move randomnly around often enough for me to shut down
gpm before going on x. I am getting a bit tired of shutting down and
restarting gpm. Anything I can do to not have this prob?

Thx.
-Sam

 On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Paul wrote:

> > windows just not on the linux box.  Any suggestions?  I tried restarting
> > gpm, but that didn't help.  Additionally how does one shutdown gnome when
> > one doesn't have control of the mouse? Anyone know the command off-hand?
>
> I think gpm is only used in a text console.
>
> You can kill X by pressing Ctrl-Alt_Bksp.  There may be a
> better way to do it.
>
> Instead of using a KVM, why not project your desktop to the
> Windows PC?

Samantha
-------
Real programmers do not comment their code. If it was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.