W. Chris Shank on Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:50:18 +0100

[PLUG] Zaurus Update

For those of you at last meeting in Conshehocken, you remember that I brought
my Zaurus, but hadn't had the chance to do much with it. Well, with Paul's
guidance and some spare time, I've finally been able to make some progress
with it.

I was able to patch, configure and successfully install 2.4.17 kernel, which
now allows me to access the Zaurus via USB as an Ethernet device. This is
good and cool. From the Zuarus, I was able to browse the web quite easily -
although the pages were difficult to read - since it required a lot of
horizontal scrolling - and get email.

I also was able to install the Qtopia Desktop, which is the PalmCenter
equivalent for the Qtopia environment. This works well so far. I can sync the
Qtopia address book easily.  Bad news is that it doesn't import addresses
from my KAddress book.

I'll let you know if I make any more significantly cool advancements.

-Chris