eric@lucii.org on Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:52:24 -0500

[PLUG] KDE Konqueror problem

My KDE Konqueror web-browser/file manager program appears to be
broken.  It will run but there is no menu bar and no bookmarks
toolbar.

This started last night.  I believe that it happened to one copy
(I was running about 8 or 10 copies of konqueror) when I accidently
entered a url that was in reality a SOAP service (probably just got
raw XML back).  After that, there was no menu bar in any of the
konqueror browsers that I started.  The old ones maintained their
menu.  I looked at various settings, searched the relevant sites
(www.konqueror.org www.kde.org) and found nothing to help me out
of this mess.  I then killed all the konquerors, moved the directory
~/.kde2/share/apps/konqueror to another location in the event that
there was some corruption there.  It re-created the directory
(which I expected) when it restarted but now there was no shortcuts
either!  Without the toolbar, I cannot add any either!
I logged out and logged back in.  No change.
I rebooted.  No change.

I went to google.  No help there either.

This really has me perplexed.  If it were windows the correct
answer would be "reinstall" but I don't want to do that!

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?  I'd really like to get back
to work but this is bugging me.

TIA

Eric

--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth