multiple seriousity on Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:00:14 +0100

[PLUG] CFP: Philadelphia Linux/Comp. Event

Well, this went relatively unnoticed on the PLUG list (at least
undiscussed) when I mentioned it vaguely earlier, so here's the big
annoucement/call for participation...

PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS

 Philadelphia Linux/Unix Symposium + August 22nd to August 25th, 2002,
      Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Region, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

Greetings,

 This is an outreach letter to all potentially interested parties and
participants; you may remember me from last year when I sent out
invitations to the East Coast 10th Anniversary Linux BBQ/Picnic, or you
may know me from elsewhere, or not at all.

 Well, the East-coast BBQ/Picnic last year went well drawing many
attendees from over SEVEN different states, with only TWO WEEKS planning
and promotion. Right after the event, actually, people asked that we do it
again 'next year'.. and well, it's next year.  So, here we go..

 However, it's not just the picnic this time.  For the longest time,
people have been talking about doing some sort of conference or convention
in Philadelphia, but they've just never done it.. UNTIL NOW.

 Already Planned are a Philly Linux Users' Group meeting to address
writing Linux kernel modules on Thursday August 22nd at Netaxs in
Conshohocken.. and of course, the 2nd Annual Linux Anniversary BBQ/Picnic
on Sunday the 25th at FDR Park in South Philadelphia, right off of I-95
near the sports stadiums (same place as last year.)

 What else? Well, that's up to you to get involved and help out, suggest
something, arrange something, plan something, fund something, volunteer to
help out in many different ways, sponsor something, donate or contribte
something, or whatever.  At very least we have these two 'bookend'
events. . what else happens between Thursday and Sunday, is up to you.

Possibilities include a mini-convention/conference, usergroup outreach,
demo & promo events, social dinners, hacking contests, an installfest, a
bar/beer tasting/crawl, other adult nighttime socials, a shwag swap, and
whatever else you can imagine or create.

To paraphrase Linus, I don't expect this to "be anything big and
professional like" ALS, or LWCE.

This is by no means a Linux specific event, other UNIXes and computing
initiatives are welcome, with a serious bend towards Open Source and
Free Software, contact me to arrange things, or to get invovled.

Feel free to pass along this invitiation to any individuals,
organizations, stores, or companies you feel may be interested.

Email me at msimons@linux10.org or msimons@slackware.com with ANY
questions, comments, inquiries, proposals, problems, offers, etc.

You may also join the event discussion/planning mailing list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plus-talk/

You may see the old (not yet updated 10th Anniversary East-Coast Linux
Picnic website at http://philly.linux10.org -- please do not RSVP on this
form, it is from last year.) You may also wish to check out the PLUG
website and calendar at http://www.phillylinux.org

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project http://www.slackware.com/~msimons/arts/reuse/

PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS+PLUS