Guillermo Moyna on Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:47:59 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Computer Problems

On Sunday, March 3, 2002, at 03:16 PM, Naresh Reddy wrote:

Paul,

How can I find out what kind of Mainboard I have? Where should I look to
see the manufacturer's name, and model? Is there a utility that will
detect my board's manufacture and its model?

You should be able to get this from the mobo itself (should have a sticker somewhere, maybe near the BIOS chip).

I don't think its a heating
problem, because my system is been on for 2 days now (on the bios screen
showing the temperature of the cpu and the system, and it hasn't frozen
yet).

It may still be heat. When the computer starts chugging with some CPU/memory/HDD intensive operation, you should expect the temperature to rise. In one case I had several nodes on the cluster working fine for weeks until someone decided to submit a CPU intensive job, and hours after they would crash. In this case, it was faulty CPU fans...

Thanks
Naresh

Naresh Reddy
nyg102@psu.edu