Kyle R . Burton on Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:40:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Mac virtual PC

> Has anybody seen the virtual PC that runs on Apple's OS X?  Is there
> something similar that runs on Linux?  I might actually switch my desktop
> machine over to Linux if I could run Windows programs when I want to.

I'm sure others will provide more options and details...

VMWare is a virtual PC that can run [basicly] any x86 operating system
on any other x86 operating system (I use it to run Windows XP under
Linux).

  http://www.vmware.com/

Wine allows x86 Windows .exe programs to run [almost] nativly under Linux.
Not everything will work, but Wine is supposed to have made alot of progress
over the last year.

  http://www.winehq.com/

And Bochs is another x86 emulator (thougt it's not as fast as vmware).
A few years ago I had win95 running under Bochs just fine.

  http://bochs.sourceforge.net/

hth,

Kyle