Jon Galt on Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:31:30 -0500

[PLUG] distro for laptop?

Hi everybody,
  my laptop is currently dual boot Win98 and a munge of Red Hat and
Trustix.  I'd like to make it Linux only, and also get some experience
with another distribution.  Is there a distribution that would be
particularly suited to a/my laptop?  If's a Vaio with 64Mb of RAM and a
6Gb hard disk, Pentium II processor. Display is a 14" NeoMagic
MagicMedia256AV.  It has a Linksys Model NP100 ethernet card, and a built
in modem TEAC CD-224E cdrom drive and a Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI
modem.  It also has USB and infrared ports.
  That's all I can think of to say about it.  A lot of it is probably
irrelevant, but anyway....  I'd like a distribution that takes care of
installing X, and a window manager that looks/operates as much like
MS Windows as is available.
  Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Wayne

Need an experienced programmer who knows
both the Unix and Microsoft worlds?

Then you need to hire wayne:
http://hirewayne.com

wayne@hirewayne.com