epike on Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:53:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DNS, DHCP, SAMBA & Windows

The simplest to do in samba would be to create a minimal
smb.conf config (like in the samba manual), put them all
together on the same physical subnet and put them
all together in the same workgroup -- windows netbios names
will appear as whichever "computer name" you set them to,
the linux netbios name will default to its dns name ("machine"
withouth the mydomain.com).

epike