pinkee on Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:23:21 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL - and online security

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 12:02:42PM -0500, Nicholas Vettese wrote:

> >I have heard bad about verizon as well. What do these alternatives offer?
> >Do they filter port 80? This enrages me about verizon.
> >
> >Fred
>
> I use Verizon, and I am working on going with another provider.  THey block
> all incoming port 80.  I just found that out recently, but their service
> for me goes up and down intermittenly.  I am tired of them trying to be an
> all-in-one solution.  They should just provide the backbone and let a real
> ISP do their job.

Verizon sucks. They drop idle connections, they limit legitimate use of
the internet, and the techs on the phone are clueless. But no matter
where your bill comes from, your copper and your badwidth is provided by
verizon. You will get a more clueful tech when the CO has an "unplanned"
power outtage. You might get a discount, but guys, all the resellers do
is resell verizon. They mux and de mux signal, but they don't have any
thing that verizon doesn't when it comes to physical. Both backbone and
last mile is verizon.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org