Mental Patient on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:18:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Upgrading the Libranet

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 18:24, Michael Leone wrote:
> So I upgraded my Libranet, from potato to testing. And, of course, it
> totally broke my X-Windows.
>
> <SIGH>
>
> There are no errors in the XFree86 log. And none of the X configuring
> programs I'm used to seem to be there - anXious, the Xconfigurator that
> RH uses, etc. I even copied the XF86Config-4 file from my old Mandrake
> installation - nothing. "startx" flickers the screen, and then dumps me
> back to the command line.
>
> So I temporarily booted back into the old drive. So what's a decent X
> configurator for Debian, anyway?

XFree86 -configure has worked for me, at least for configuring XFree
4.x. The file generated is usually pretty close to what I want.

Debian had or has something specific to use, I always just used the
stuff that is part of X. Its much less distro specific.

As for the ximian stuff, whats wrong with the version of evolution in
testing?

Good luck.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

I'm so hyper...  (Said with a very dull voice.)
--Steven Wright

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/Mental.asc