Chris Mann on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:40:14 +0100

[PLUG] Re: Job Postings

>>Well ... when I got my present job, it talked about Windows and ?
>>Netware.
>>
>>We now have 3 Linux servers on site, which I get to manage. Does
>>that make me a subversive? :-)
>>Get a foot in the door, and you might be able to add Linux to your
mix
>>of responsibilities.

I'm in the same way here. I was hired because I knew Novell and a bit
of windows. Since I've been here, I've been throwing linux into the mix.
Makes the boss happy when I can tell him, I'm putting up a new server to
fit our needs, reusing hardware and no additional OS costs.

As far as job postings go, I think it would be a good idea to just set
up a separate list called something like "Job Postings" and if people
want to see stuff like that, let them subscribe.

Just my thoughts tho...

Chris Mann
Systems Administrator
Legg Mason Real Estate Services