Doug Crompton on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:00:11 +0100

[PLUG] ISDN

In doing more surfing for ISDN tonight it appears that about $220 is the
going rate for 128K 24/7 ISDN. If I can't do much better than that then it
is out.

BUT.. I found a DSL site - Quest that seems to say they will supply me
with RADSL (the only flavor they use) 256K/256K at my site for $79/month.

Their loop calculator puts me at 17384 feet. I guess I will give them a
call and see what goes.

Any comments on Quest?

What type of DSL does Qwest use?

Qwest uses a form of SDSL known as RADSL- (Rate Adaptive Digital
Subscriber Line)
- Most robust business DSL available today;

- A type of SDSL (upload and download speeds are the same)
- Developed to overcome line impediments;
- Automatically adjusts for environmental conditions;
- RADSL supports symmetric (equal downstream and upstream) data
transmissions up to 768K (which is typically important for business
users).

Is Qwest reselling other providers service under the Qwest name?

No. Unlike other DSL providers, Qwest owns the equipment and the network
that your traffic will be carried over. This network includes the
equipment at the central office that enables DSL service and the
connection to the Internet

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *