turgon on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:34:52 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: [PADS] Upgrading the Libranet

gabriel rosenkoetter said:
> [Mike, again, please find a way to make your MUA be a little more
> neighborly.]

Picky, picky. :-)

OK, so now I'm doing it via my web interface (SquirrelMail), and not OE.
Let's hope it does a better job.

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:07:28AM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
>> Does that mean that we shouldn't make mention of the fact that
>> some things could be done better or in more intuitive ways? I don't
>> think so.
>
> No, it just means that you should expect that mentioning that will make
> it magically happen. (I'm not suggesting that you do expect

You mean "should *not* expect", I guess.

> that, just explaining why I and other people frequently reply to
> such mentions, which often sound rather whiny, by making the "feel free
> to fix it" offer.)

No, I don't really expect that. If I did, I'd try to make sure I'd say it
to whoever wrote it (whatever "it" might happen to be). Bitching to PLUG
wouldn't (necessarily) get it changed. Might offer a clue to somebody who
hasn't used the program as to what to expect, tho.