Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:20:10 +0100

[PLUG] printer woes

I have this great lexmark 312L printer, but I screwed up big time. I sent
it a .ps file made in windows, for a different printer, and now things are
messed up badly. When I print, it starts halfway down the page for some
.ps files, others (usually made by latex) print fine.

I reset factory defaults, and unplugged it, etc, to no avail. The control
panel sucks, but evenso, I tried to reprogram it. I printed out the
testpage (prints properly, of course) and the config looks fine, but I'm
thinking that I can get rid of the stupid pcl compatability.

enscript gives .ps files that give an error. enscript giving an error!?

If anyone can help me out of this crazy mess, please tell me what to do.
Thanks in advance.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu)
CCN sysadmin