gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:26:40 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DHCP and eth1

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:04:20PM -0500, thanous@dca.net wrote:
> Eth1 is the internet connection, and eth0 is the LAN conneciton.

Based on the dhcpd.conf you posted, I'm guessing this is the ISC
dhcpd. (It'd be nice to mention things like that.)

I think what you're looking for is probably just specifying the
interface you want dhcpd to listen to on the command line. Without
any specification, it'll try to establish itself on all of them,
find that you don't have a configuration block for the IP address
attached to eth1, and fail. So feed it eth0 (and nothing else)
explicitly.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net