gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:37:54 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DHCP and eth1

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:28:12AM -0500, thanous@dca.net wrote:
> Yep, the machine is taking packets from the internet and forwarding them to
> my network.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. What is the value in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward?

> Its either RC.firewall (you can do a google serach for the
> homepage) or its firemasq (got it from freshmeat).  The configuration
> on both is fairly straight forward, in that it is fairly permissive
> on the LAN connection, and fairly restritive on the net connection.

What do you mean "it's either"? In any case, I guess I will go
ahead and do some of your homework for you (though I really don't
appreciate having to). According to http://rcf.mvlan.net:8080/ (for
rc.firewall) and http://northernlightsgroup.hypermart.net/firemasq
(for FireMasq) both of these are actually ipchains, which is the
answer I actually wanted.

I don't care about the "feel" of your configuration, I need to see
exactly what settings you're making if I'm to help diagnosing a
problem.

It is sufficiently difficult to help remotely with these problems
when one *does* have exact configuration information. You're not
making it easier by eliding the details.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net