Beldon Dominello on Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:52:25 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SuSe 8.0 now (pre-ordering)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Doug Crompton wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Beldon Dominello wrote:
>
> > > be nice if they made this one available here.  The have a subscription
> > > service also, which gets you updates in a package deal, but also not
> > > available here.
> >
> > I've bought upgrades for the past two versions.  They don't go out of the way
> > to call attention to it, but it's always been available on their website.

They installed just fine.  It's really just the same disk set without all the
full manuals.  I'm doing the full version this time to get a new set of
manuals, since the latest ones I have are from 7.1.  I'm going to do a fresh
install with 8.0 because I need to upgrade some of my hardware (like my mobo
and maybe processor), so it's time.

I did have some idiosyncracies with the upgrade that my brother, for whom I
did a fresh install, didn't seem to have.  That may have been because of
weirdness with my mobo or some of the more serious tweaking I did first time
out, without really knowing what I was doing.

	-Beldon

--
DISCLAIMER - This text was written on the road and may contain errors of fact,
tact, and decency due to the cumulative effects of cabin fever, emotional