Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 4 Apr 2002 21:00:16 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Moveing large files

> i could but that would entail a drive to milaukee wisconsin.  id rather let it
> go all weekend doing ssh.  nfs also really sucks over WANS but i have seen it
> before.
>
> so my options are ssh or netcat, where netcat is only installed on my box, i
> would have to install it locally on the other box to use it.

Does anyone know a cli util to split large files? Can this be answer, make
the files < 2GB?

I'm thinking of something like compact pro for mac os. Man was that a nice
program! A bit cumbersome (I want to type 'segment bigfile' and wind up w/
bigfile1, bigfile2...).

Also, if you could split files up in 650MB, you could fed ex them out of
state. Expensive, but it would work, anyway. :)

Fred