Beldon Dominello on Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:10:19 +0200

[PLUG] Kernel Parms

I'm doing some work with IBM's MQ series on Linux.  In the documentation, it
says that certain parameters have to be changed (max threads, max processes
per thread, and such).  I know some of these had to be changed at compile time
in 2.2, but are dynamic in 2.4 via the 'echo' command.

My question is where is the best place to change these parms so that they are
retained on boot-up?  I was thinking the boot.local file (it's a RH7.2 box),
but is there a preferred place or a 'default' settings place?

Thanx!

	-Beldon

--
DISCLAIMER - This text was written on the road and may contain errors of fact,
tact, and decency due to the cumulative effects of cabin fever, emotional