Time on Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:59:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Links freezes

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 01:32:03PM -0500, Naresh Reddy wrote:
> Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 13:32:03 -0500 (EST)
> From: Naresh Reddy <nyg102@psu.edu>
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: [PLUG] Links freezes
>
> I use the text browser, links. Recently its not working. I usually do
>
> % links <web address>
> and everything works, but recently it just freezes
>
> when i do 'ps axu | grep links' I see a PID number and everything.
>
> Anyone know a reason why its not starting up?

Its not just canning out on a specific site then, so try checking the
binary for corruption:

[time@hour]~$ links -version
Links 0.96
[root@hour]~$ rpm -V links-0.96-2*

or just

[root@hour]~$ rpm --erase links-0.96-2*
[root@hour]~$ rpmfind -v --lookup links-0.96-2

I'm not sure if debian's apt has a binary verification flag.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Time

   13