kevin mudrick on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:11:27 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date

> Good. Have you seen any of the posts on the KDE mailing list about how
> RH & Mandrake's packaging of KDE 3 is less than optimal - to the point
> where they were recommending that people recompile one of the packages
> themselves, before it would all work right?

No, I haven't seen those posts.. but I've been in #debian for the past
couple of days and every 10 minutes, it seems someone comes in saying
"where can i get kde3?".  The topic in #debian-kde is:

[#debian-kde] Topic: kde3 will not go into sid until xfree86 4.2, but that
does not mean that kde3 will not run with xfree 4.1. and no, its not
readyyet.

> If it doesn't show up in testing for another month, I could deal with
> that. Not too much longer, since I would like to see it.

I'm a little bit anxious ;)  But I'd rather have a working system than a
slow and buggy machine, I guess.  I've already seen some apps listed on
apps.kde.com that said they required kde 3.0, though..

-kevin

--
 (kevin mudrick)   (kevin@furhurts.com)   (www.bleachedwhale.com)
  pgp key available at http://www.bleachedwhale.com/kevinGPG.asc

 Despair: It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.