gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:18:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Redhat up2date

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:10:14PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> Like most people, I'm not a programmer, so I have no apps that
> I wrote or compiled in the first place. :-)

I think the suggestion is that any KDE-using apps that you have
*installed* will need to be recompiled (well, just relinked, really)
against the KDE3 shared libs.

> Kevin and I use Debian, so rpmfind is not all that viable of an
> option for us (Debian doesn't - natively - use RPM formatted files).

Sure, but Debian is apparently not much of an option if you want to
use KDE3, if commentary here is anything to go on. (I wouldn't know;
I use none of Linux, Debian, and KDE.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net