billywissman on Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:43:33 -0400

RE: [PLUG] kernel won't boot

Samantha Samuel <ssamuel@taz.cs.wcupa.edu> wrote:

>And then it reboots again. And again. There are no error messages. Well
>I see the letter 's' on the line after the one above, and then it
>reboots by itself. Not sure what I did wrong.
>
>Any suggestions to solve this problem?
You Probably already thought of this, but....

Do you have a floppy backup of your old kernel that you could boot from?

Or

Do you have the distro CDROM which you could boot from? I'm not sure what distro you're running but most likely you could boot into safe mode.

Then recompile kernel.....