Bradley J. Molnar on Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:51:55 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SAMBA-TNG?

It was supposed to be fairly decent at being a windows pdc, but, I don't remember hearing that it ever made it very far (in terms of pounding out all of the bugs). However, most of the stuff that was to be really awesome about Samba-tng has been (or will very shortly be) incorporated into the regular samba.

I have used samba (2.2 series) as a pdc and the university I am at right now (university of sydney) uses a samba 2.2.3a machine as a pdc and wins server.

Check out the samba 3.0 series (still in alpha or beta) for improved pdc support.

-brad

W. Chris Shank wrote:

has anyone tried using samba-tng as a windows pdc? how did it go? what limitations did you find? what is the advantage over using regular samba 2.2.1?

thx