Paul on Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:20:14 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Postings?

Sorry to bring this up again, but what harm do job postings really cause? There are never THAT many to be a problem. But, a subject prefix would help to filter out job e-mails while also helping those seeking jobs to filter IN the job postings. The problem that I foresee is that the people posting the jobs will get flamed for not knowing, or forgetting about, the convention. That backlash is kinda messed up in a time of high unemployment. Even the state of NJ acknowledges the fact that unemployment is high by issueing extended benefits. I can't believe the state is willing to give up money while a list like this maintains such a collective arrogance.

My wife goes to work in a mixed computing environment, but working mostly with Microsoft tools, and makes good money. She also gets calls to tutor students in the use of Microsoft Basic, Visual Basic, and sometimes Office apps. Meanwhile, I'm at home working with open-source tools without making a cent. That's enough to keep me humble. (Which is not bad because I consider humility to be a good quality, but you get the idea.)