Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:21:39 +0200

Re: [PLUG] port forwarding question

> ok, I guess I'll give IPTABLES a try.  One concern I have is that I'm using
> the Roaring Penguin DSL client.  I'm not sure if thats aware of IPTABLES or
> not.  If not, I guess I just have to configure the masquerading manually.

It doesn't need to be. rp will bring internet to your door. ipchains (or
iptables) will close some of the doors and port forward. rp doesn't know
or care about what happens after internet gets to you outside ethernet
card.

> Are you using port forwarding though?  Do you use "ipmasqadm portfw" to
> setup the port forwarding?

I don't know.

Can you please explain this to me. There are 3 machines behind my network
connection all connected to internet through my box. I may be confused on
how I do this.

Fred