gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 3 May 2002 17:34:26 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Buying a Sparc

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:52:00PM -0400, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> Unfortunately, gcc3 doesn't produce very stable kernels, I hear.

It doesn't so much produce runnable code at this point.
(NetBSD/sparc64 works by backporting changes to our in-tree 2.95.3,
where there are other changes to make things actually work, and
twiddling our thumbs waiting for the FSF to get its act together and
accept patches we've submitted so we don't have to do the second
part, last I heard.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net