gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 3 May 2002 23:40:19 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT, gold price stuff

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:40:22AM -0400, Jon Galt wrote:
> Precisely, which is directly contradictory to the previous claim about
> fluctuations in the price of gold.

Either you didn't read right or I didn't write right. The point was
that the real value of the dollar would fluctuate with the value of
gold, and has been seen to do so to the extent that it was
impossible to know how many apples (or cheesy poofs, I guess ;^>)
one could buy with a dollar. That's too much hassle. So you tie the
dollar to a completely imaginary standard instead of a just mostly
imaginary one.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net