JP Toto on Sat, 4 May 2002 02:10:13 +0200

[PLUG] Jakarta Tomcat Followup

Here's a quick followup to this mornings tomcat config
issues:
I felt a little bad that I couldn't contribute since I
didn't have my laptop at work today to mess with.
Anyhoo, got home today and this is what happend.

I basically left my config alone. I simply added the
exports of the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME to the rc
script that starts up tomcat. By the way, webmin seems
to do a nice job of adding rc init scripts for new
apps. This is all running on mandrake 8.1 with a
fairly minimal install. I go the whole thing running
to the point where tomcat starts up automagically at
each boot of the machine. I didn't do ANY tomcat
configuration at all. It's running it's default setup
on port 8080 and seems to work great. If anyone has
any questions or anthing feel free to ping me
privately. Have a nice weekend all!!

Cheerios, - JP

=====
JP Toto