eric@lucii.org on Sun, 5 May 2002 15:30:17 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Possible Trojan/Virus in the wild?

It's a virus.

One of the new ones that's making the Windows/Outlook rounds.  It's very clever
- disguising itself with seemingly random message titles and seemingly random
attachment titles.  Since I'm a mutt user I rapidly forget the names of these
things. :-)

Eric

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 11:41:32PM -0700, multiple seriousity wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   for about the 4th time in a week or so... I have received odd
> mailings...  generally consisting of 3 or 4 sections, a pretty much blank
> 4-line html section, a rather large audio section (2 or 3 of the mailings
> have been 100k midi files, I just received one that was a 0 byte wav
> section), and then a file, somewhat related to linux.)
>
> Oh, another thing is a random meaningless title.
>
> any ideas whats up??
>
> the first one I receveid I actually thougth might have been for
> me... cause it seemed to been a submission for the slackware graphics
> pages.. but then I couldnt actually save the file due to a = in the octet
> stream (and ['s in the file names, too, but that I can change..)
>
> hmmm, well it's either that or some weird misconfigured email proggies.
[[CUT]]

--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth