Jon Galt on Tue, 7 May 2002 18:30:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Apache

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 11:51:34AM -0400, Jon Galt wrote:
> > Hi, I'm drawing a blank here.  Maybe I'm having temporary amnesia or
> > something, but under Apache, how do I make a directory browsable?  Meaning
> > allow users to see a listing of the files in a directory and its
> > subdirectories.
>
> Don't put an index.html in it?

:-) Thanks for the idea, but originally I didn't have one.  I just dumped
a bunch of pictures in a directory structure, made sure the access
permissions were correct and tried my browser.  The server said access to
the directory was forbidden.  I'm thinking there's something in httpd.conf
that I'm missing.

Wayne

Need an experienced programmer who knows
both the Unix and Microsoft worlds?

Then you need to hire Wayne:
http://hirewayne.com

wayne@hirewayne.com